The world has been glued to the interweb this week as the Rooney-Vardy InstaWar intensified.
Coleen Rooney accused Rebekah Vardy of leaking information about her to the press after watching her private Instagram Stories.
If you haven’t used Instagram Stories yet, they’re a bit different from regular pictures in your timeline – they’ll appear as a slideshow for 24 hours and then vanish.
If you have a private account (so the general public can’t see it) then only people you’ve allowed to follow you can view your story. Rooney said she knew the leaks came from one account after she blocked everyone but Vardy from seeing certain Instagram stories.
Coleen the super-sleuth activated a little-known feature in Instagram that lets you block specific people from seeing your Stories.
It’s very easy to do – if you want to add a bit of privacy to your own profile.
Perhaps there are a few followers that you might not want to see your Stories but don’t actually want to block them outright.
How to block people from seeing your Instagram Stories
- Open Instagram and go to the menu inside your profile (tap on the three horizontal lines).
- Tap on the Settings icon and then tap on ‘Privacy’.
- Tap on the ‘Story’ option and then tap ‘Hide story from’.
- You’ll see an alphabetical list of all the people following your account.
- Select the person (or people) you want to block from seeing your Stories.
- Tap on Done (if you’re using an iPhone) or the tick icon (if you’re using an Android phone).
- Start posting Stories that can only be seen by the people you want to see them.
Although people may be blocked from seeing your Stories, they can still go to your profile and see any pictures you’ve uploaded to your timeline.
Meanwhile, the world waits for the outcome to the Rooney/Vardy drama.
Coleen has doubled-down on her accusation.
A representative for the mum-of-four said: ‘It is irrefutable that the leaks came from one account, and one account only.’